Friday, December 19, 2014

Days Of Blood And Starlight by Laini Taylor

Days Of Blood And Starlight by Laini Taylor
Rating: PG-13
Genre: Romance, Fantasy
Score: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Page Count: 513
Book #2 of the Daughter Of Smoke and Bone trilogy
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Published: November 6, 2012
 
Art student and monster's apprentice Karou finally has the answers she has always sought. She knows who she is- and what she is. But with this knowledge comes another truth she would give anything to undo: She loved the enemy and he betrayed her, and a world suffered for it. In this stunning sequel to the highly acclaimed Daughter Of Smoke and Bone, Karou must decide how far she'll go to avenge her people. Filled with heartbreak and beauty, secrets and impossible choices, Days Of Blood and Starlight finds Karou and Akiva on opposing sides as an age-old war stirs back to life. While Karou and her allies build a monstrous army in a land of dust and starlight, Akiva wages a different sort of battle: a battle for redemption. For hope. But can any hope be salvaged from the ashes of their broken dream?
 
Review:
Pros:
1. This continuation of the beautifully written Daughter Of Smoke and Bone is probably one of the best sequels I've read so far this year! It was just as beautiful as the first book and I had a hard time putting my love of this book into words for all you beautiful people. Let's get this review started!
 
2. First thing's first: The characters. In the first book, the characters were of course still being developed and still had to be learned by the reader. However, in this book, the characters were already established and I was so ready to get even more of them. The second book shows just how strong and brave they all are and really shows more of their personalities. I really loved seeing the characters grow from the first book and I almost felt like by the end of this book, they were completely different in a sense. They grew stronger, braver, and more powerful as the story progressed and chaos came upon them and I loved seeing how they reacted in each situation. I could go on for hours talking about these amazing and unforgettable characters!
 
3. The first book was a lot simpler with the world building and character building but this sequel was even more interesting. There was a ton of complexity with the new world that the author had to build and a lot more character development that I found very detailed without having to be overly descriptive and confusing. It is a book that you really have to focus on when reading seeing as you might miss something and there was a lot going on all at once. I loved drowning myself within the story and I loved learning more about not only the characters, the world, the conflict and more but I loved learning about the new battles and wars getting ready to be fought, the history of the old and new characters as well as the history of so many other things like the cities and the people.
 
4. The writing for this story was just absolutely beautiful in every sense of the word! The writing was so poetic in a way and made reading it that much more interesting. With a higher vocabulary, this book was not the easiest to fly through but it made me really focus on every single word and made me collect so much more of the story because of it. The story wasn't too descriptive to have been so detailed and it wasn't at all boring in any part of the book for me.
 
5. There was also a lot of excitement all throughout the book and I had a hard time finding a dull moment when something didn't attack someone or there was no war being fought. Every page was exciting and kept you wanting more. I couldn't finish a chapter without wanting to read just one more as the book was fast-paced and had so many high moments, it kept me on the edge of my seat. If there wasn't a killing going on, there was either a threat of war or an epic sword fight and maybe a blood bath amongst multiple fighters. In other words, it was freaking awesome!
 
6. Overall, this book was better than the first book, and I didn't even think that was possible. I really enjoyed this book and I can't wait to get my hands on the third and final book of this amazing and beautiful trilogy!
 
Age Recommendation: 14+
 
I hope you guys enjoyed this book review! If you have any other book requests you would like me to review, just leave a comment or send me an email! Read on bookworms! See you in the next chapter!
 
FOLLOW ME:
Twitter: @BooksMusicLife1
Instagram: @Books.Music.Life
Goodreads: @BooksMusicLife1 

2 comments:

  1. 5/5 stars makes me want to get into this series badly. I have been wanting to start the series but I have to get rid of TBR books. Thanks for posting.
    Eduardo @ BoomingBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really amazing trilogy! It's definitely worth the read. I have so many books on my TBR so I feel you on that one!

      Delete