Monday, February 16, 2015

Music Matching Monday: New Segment!

Hey people of books and all things reading! I recently took to social media to ask you guys what y'all would like to see on this blog and I got some really awesome Ideas from people! I want this blog to be about books and reviews but I also want to include things that are book related to add something fun to my blog but also keep the theme of books going. So, without further typing, here's a brand new segment for you guys! I'm calling it "Music Matching Monday!"

Here's How It Works:
 
Every Monday, I'll choose a book and pair it with a song and tell you why I think they go together so well. It's pretty much like giving a book your own personal soundtrack. I have PLENTY of books and songs that I've paired together in my mind so I'm super excited to share my pairings with you guys! This idea came from one of my friends on Instagram @bookishmelissa (whom you should follow). Since my account name on IG is @books.music.life, she suggested I combine music and books together which I think is a brilliant way to interweave my account and blog :)
So, here's the first pairing I have for you guys!
 
 
The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
 
I've paired this book with one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite artists! This pairing has actually been one for almost a year now and every time I play this song, I still can't get it through my head how the song somehow didn't make it into the movie or official soundtrack. Like, what even?

Like A Star by Britt Nicole


No comments:

Post a Comment