Monday, February 23, 2015

Music Matching Monday: The Young Elites

 
 
The Young Elites is probably my favorite book of all time so I really wanted to pair this book with a great song! To pair this one, I chose a song that reminded me of not only the characters but also the story and Adelina and how she started out as the hero but had the villain-esque element in her heart. I finally stumbled upon the perfect song that not only gets these points across but even shows it in the video. I see Adelina as a potential hero gone dark because of the things that have happened to her in her life and those emotions only anger and upset her more and more until she's considered a person to fear. She has the potential to be the hero but her dark past conflicts with that.

"My Heart Is Broken" by Evanescence

No comments:

Post a Comment