Monday, February 16, 2015

Review: To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han



To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
Rating: PG
Genre: Contemporary
Score: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Page Count: 355
Book #1 of the To All The Boys I've Loved Before duology
Publisher: Simon and Schuster Books for Young Readers
Published: January 1, 2014
 
To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is the story of Lara Jean, who has never openly admitted her crushes, but instead wrote each boy a letter about how she felt, sealed it, and hid it in a box under her bed. But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her first kiss, the boy from summer camp, even her sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh. As she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something good may come out of these letters after all.
 
Review:
PROS:
1. If you know anything about the book community on social media and YouTube, you have probably more than likely heard of this book and know how much hype surrounds this book, especially since the sequel is coming out later this year. After weeks of waiting to read this book, (my TBR is HUGE) I finally got to pick it up and I have to say, I wasn't expecting to love it as much as I did! Let's get started with the review!
 
2. The characters in this book were so adorable and loveable I just wanted to jump right into the book and have them be my own friends. They were so different in personalities but they went together so well and made an entertaining group of friends. I fell in love with Lara Jean's character for many reasons. I liked how she was very quirky and a little socially awkward which in my case, I related to a lot. She also had to grow up a little faster after her sister leaves for college and she's left alone to take care of the family, including her sassy and feisty little sister Kitty. I also loved how Lara Jean, even though she wanted to be with someone, cared more about her family and friends than being in love. She was just a girl who wanted to find out who she was exactly and focus on the people she loved the most.
 
3. The romance in this book was nothing short of entertaining. Lara Jean and Peter were very sarcastic with each other as well as goofy and even though they didn't get each other most of time, it was funny to see them try. I also liked the romance between Lara Jean and Josh. They had chemistry but didn't really know how to deal with it, considering they were close childhood friends and didn't want to lose each other. That's right people, this one has a major love triangle!
 
4. The character development was absolutely fantastic! I loved getting to know them all and see what each character was like, even the side characters were well developed in just a short amount of time. Some characters were funny, some were sassy, some were smart, and some were just plainly and clearly the bad guys but you still loved them a little. I'm excited to see how the story progresses in the sequel and see just where everyone ends up and what happens next!
 
Follow Jenny!
 
I hope you guys enjoyed this book review! If you have any other book requests you would like me to review, just leave a comment or send me an email! Read on bookworms! See you in the next chapter!
 
P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
Out May 26, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment