Sunday, May 10, 2015

Review: Biowars Issue #1 Infection by Mark Powers

 Biowars Issue #1: Infection by Mark Powers
Rating: PG
Genre: Comic, Action, Sci-Fi
Score: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Page Count: 28
First issue of the Biowars series

In the story of Biowars, that character is Alexander Hawking, a regular guy attending a city college in Manhattan. There is, in short, nothing remarkable about Alex. But then his father inadvertently passes a germ to him, and with it, a destiny. It’s not just any germ, but a microbe designed to annihilate the human immune system. The inner-realm of Alex’s body is a universe unto itself, as vast and complex as our own world. It is an alien setting where strange creatures inhabit living terrain and glide through pulsating corridors. To them, it is the BioCosmos.
As in human society, each of these beings has a role to play that supports the greater whole. The BioCosmos has its own supreme council, defenders, messengers, intelligence officers, and healers. These characters are known as the BioWarriors.
 
Review:
PROS:
1. DISCLAIMER: I was asked to give a full and honest review of this book. These are my thoughts and my review.  I actually hadn't heard of this comic until recently when I was contacted and asked to check out this story and asked to review it. I've been on the lookout for some graphic novels and comics to review for this blog and I was really excited when I found out about this story. I've really gotten obsessed with comics and graphic novels lately so I pretty much picked this one up immediately after downloading it. Here's the review and I hope you guys enjoy!
 

 
 
 
 


2. I always like to start off with the characters so let's do that! I actually really enjoyed the characters in this book and I have to say that Humron was my favorite! He was really sarcastic and was always cracking a joke just because he could. I thought all the characters were so cool and so cool looking for that matter! I really loved them from the very first page and I can't wait to check out the second issue! They all had pretty great character development despite how short and quick it was to read and I thought it was a pretty promising start.


3. The art, needless to say, completely blew me away! I loved seeing how much color and detail went into the illustrations in this book and I honestly couldn't stop staring at it. I'm an art student myself who loves bright colors and this comic delivered so well on the bright colors and the effects and details and depth in each picture. I really loved it and the illustrations were what really hooked me into the story. I can't wait to see what kinds of illustrations I'll see in the next issue so I'm excited! I mean, just look at that cool glowing blue thing!

4. Even though it was a very short and quick read, I still would recommend this comic to anyone who wants a quick read and loves anything with really cool creatures, unique super-hero-like characters and awesome pictures! I enjoyed this one overall and I really encourage you to pick up your copy! Link above!

I hope you guys enjoyed this book review! If you have any other book requests you would like me to review, just leave a comment or send me an email! Read on bookworms! See you in the next chapter!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment