Sunday, August 30, 2015

The "Would You Rather" Book Tag!



I was tagged by one of by blogger friends Soudha from Of Stacks and Cups to do the ever fun "Would You Rather" book tag! This tag was orignally created by Rachel Reads and you can check out the video here! Now without further ado, here are the questions and my answers! Enjoy!

1. Would you rather read only trilogies or stand-alones?

While I adore reading stand alones and getting to know brand new characters when it comes to reading them, I always find myself wanting more of their story and wanting to know what happens next in their lives. I love series because I get very attached to my characters and when I do, I want to keep reading about them like there's no tomorrow!

2. Would you rather read only male or female authors?
I've actually written up a blog post talking about what I like about male authors versus female authors and vise-versa and while it doesn't really matter what gender the author is, if I had to choose then I would probably go for reading only female authors. Like Soudha said in her post, us girls have to stick together!

3. Would you rather shop at Barnes & Noble or Amazon?

I absolutely love going to the bookstore and just roaming around the shelves and waiting for something to pop out. I've ordered from Amazon a couple of times before but it honestly just felt weird doing so. Amazon comes in handy when you're looking for a specific book or when you just want the beautiful books to come to you but I just can't part with my bookstores! 

4. Would you rather all books become movies or TV shows?

This is so hard! Obviously it's awesome going to the theater and watching one of your favorite books come to life but at the same time, shows can take more time with characters and story line without having to rush through things like movies can do. Shows also tend to stay more true to the stories so I would probably choose TV shows! Can you imagine The Maze Runner being a show? Like yes!!! Also, who's excited for the ASOUE show?

5. Would you rather read 5 pages a day or 5 books a week?


Being the avid reader that I am, reading 5 pages a day would be PURE TORTURE!!!! Five books please!!

6. Would you rather be a professional reviewer or author?

I actually am a writer and I absolutely love pouring out my weird ideas for characters and story lines onto paper and my computer. I keep a journal and try to write as often as I can in my journal to keep me writing when I don't have an idea for a new chapter in my story. I love being able to create my own worlds and the characters that live in them and just having fun with it! If you want to read a little bit of what I've written, you can do so by clicking HERE! I'm not a Jeanette Oke or a Sarah Dessen but I love writing so what more do you need?

7. Would you rather only read your top 20 favorite books over and over or always read new ones that you haven't before?

I love my favorite books and I love to reread them time and again but I feel like I might get bored with the stories and I really don't want that happening! I also love picking up a new book and getting to know new characters so I'll choose that option.

8. Would you rather be a librarian or a book seller?

Me and one of my friends actually plan on opening our own bookstore one day and even have the name of it all figured out. So needless to say, I would love to be a book seller!

9. Would you rather read only your favorite book genre, or every genre except your favorite?

Even though I LOVE my dystopian books and series, they can honestly sometimes get really depressing when the characters are being hunted down by the government or they're fighting to stay alive in some crazy circumstances. I would rather read every genre except my favorite, though the sacrifice would hurt very much. I can't even think about never rereading Divergent or The Lunar Chronicles . . .

10. Would you rather only read physical books or eBooks?

Even though I like eBooks, I'm so not good at reading them! I always forget that I have the books on my tablet because I can't see them. I absolutely love holding my books and looking at them on my shelves! Though moving would probably be a pain . . .

So that's it for the tag! I also tag these awesome bloggers:
Ashley @ Ashley Early Books
Nadia @ Infinite Book Reviews
Fiona @ A Girl Between The Pages

Read on bookworms! See you in the next chapter!

2 comments:

  1. Nice answers! I had no idea A Series Of Unfortunate Events was becoming a TV show! I guess it's time to read the books. I own the whole series but haven't started reading it yet XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They're incredibly fast reads so I hope you enjoy them! They're also rather dark for children's books but still amazing :D

      Delete