Monday, September 12, 2016

Stranger Things Book Tag!


Hello, everyone! So, I've recently been absolutely OBSESSED with Stranger Things on Netflix! I watched every single episode in one day, one sitting. Yes, it was rather interesting to say the very least. I recently rewatched the show a second time and am very tempted to watch it a third time because I love it so darn much! If you haven't jumped on the bandwagon for this show, please do and join the dark side! Or the Upside Down . . .

Anyhoo, let's get into the tag! Originally created by Sarah Sunbeemz on YouTube so check it out!

__________________________________________________

1. EPIC INTRO. The opening sequence of Stranger Things is amazing and really grabs your attention. Name a book that grabbed your attention from the first page.


For this one, I have two books I've read recently that grabbed my attention from the very first page which hadn't happened in a while so I was pretty excited about these two books! Nerve was such an exciting book and had a pretty good movie adaptation that I seriously loved! Gamescape is what I'm currently reading now and almost finished with and I'm so excited to have received a review copy because it's just so good.

__________________________________________________

2. DUNGEONS & DRAGONS. Name a fantasy world you would like to experience yourself.


Okay, Narnia will forever be a fantasy world I want to visit and will forever be my dream destination until I die. FOR ASLAN!

I would also love to visit the world of Cinder because, you know, robots. Cyborgs. Cool technology. I REST MY CASE.

__________________________________________________

3. SQUAD GOALS. When Eleven met Mike, Dustin and Lucas it was a *mostly* perfect team. Name your favorite bookish group of friends.


Do I even need to further explain why the groups of friends from these books are squad goals? Super powers. Wit. Crazy, awesome, super adventures through space, time, and the city? YES, PLEASE!

__________________________________________________

4.  ABC’s & CHRISTMAS LIGHTS. Joyce Byers goes mad with grief after Will goes missing. Name your favorite mentally unhinged character.


I seriously love Adelina from The Young Elites trilogy! These books follow a struggling hero that is fueled by people's pain and grief, making it hard for Adelina to control her powers and use them for good instead of evil. Add in the fact that Adelina lets her emotions take over her and things aren't so easy to see the difference between what's right and wrong. Basically, you need to read this series. Like right now.

__________________________________________________

5. THE UPSIDE DOWN. Name a book that was the opposite of what you expected. 


I was expecting The Heartbreakers to be a fun and cute little contemporary story full of music and witty banter but what I got was a lot more which I seriously loved. It was actually a lot deeper and emotional than I thought it would be and it's still one of my favorite contemporaries I think I've ever read so far.

The Last Time We Say Goodbye was seriously SO. GOOD. I went in thinking it would be touching and maybe a slight heartbreaker but what I got was a lot more than that as well. In fact, I ended up crying for an entire hour after finishing the very last page and went to bed. I woke up with swollen eyes, a killer migraine, and I felt like my heart was still ripped into shreds. It was so worth it.

__________________________________________________

6. MAD SCIENTISTS. Dr. Brenner likes to get freaky with humanity. Name the freakiest dystopian government you can think of.


Sending kids into a giant maze to fight off bloodthirsty creatures with little to defend themselves? Having a program to have a child 'unwound' should a parent sign off on it for any reason at all? Do I really need to go on?

__________________________________________________

7.  DEMOGORGON. Name a scary bookish creature that you would not want to come through your walls.

Just based on what the Hollows look like in the trailer for the movie, I surely would never want a Hollow to pop out of my wall or ceiling or anywhere at all. Just no.

__________________________________________________

8. CLIFFHANGER ENDING. Name a book that left you wanting more.


After I finally read this book, the ending pretty much had me screaming at it like 'NO! YOU CAN'T END THAT WAY!' Long story short, I searched for so, so long, (two weeks) to find a copy of the second book in the series because I NEEDED it. I still have yet to read the sequel but I seriously can't wait to pick it up! Especially now that Daisy Ridley from Star Wars: The Force Awakens has been confirmed to be in the movie adaptation for the first book.

__________________________________________________

So that's it for this tag! Have you started watching Stranger Things? If so, comment below who your favorite character is! Read on, bookworm! See you in the next chapter!



2 comments:

  1. I've been hearing so much about this show lately but still haven't tried it out for myself XD What am I doing with my time? I would hate to be in the Maze... it sounds so mind boggling and absolutely awful as well. Especially when you don't have an answer to the maze! YAS I would love to experience Cinder and Narnia as well D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love the show! It's so good and very nostalgic as it has elements from classic movies such as The Goonies, ET, even modern day movies like Super 8. It's so good!

      I would not want to be in the maze for that reason exactly. No answers and no escape :S I'm so happy that you agree on Cinder and Narnia! Those are my dream worlds!

      Delete