Monday, April 16, 2018

BTS Inspired Outfits! I Dressed Like Kpop Idols For A Week!


Hello, everybody! I'm back here today with a bit of a different post this week because, well, I'm still in a huge reading slump and I cannot get myself to sit down and read a book without getting bored five minutes in. SOMEONE SEND HELP.

Anyhoo, allow me to put a little bit of a backstory to this weird idea that I decided to make an entire post for. Here we go. SO. A couple of weeks ago, I was looking through Pinterest for some outfit ideas as I'm very much into street fashion and urban looks, you know, the distressed jeans with bomber jackets, hightops, graphic tees, etc. I've been into that style for a long while now and I love seeing how other people style their pieces since often times they're looks I never would have thought to pair together.

I kept seeing outfits popping up inspired by various KPOP Idols from everyday looks all the way to recreations of looks from the actual music videos. I thought it was pretty cool to see how other people recreated these looks and since I get a lot of inspiration for my outfits from k-fashion trends and various music videos, I thought it would be tons of fun to try recreating these looks myself. 

It was pretty easy to decide which group to try drawing inspiration from but I didn't realize going into this thing that it would actually require kind of a lot of planning, especially since the week that I started this experiment, the weather was a different season EVERY SINGLE DAY. You have no idea. I woke up to 80 degree weather one day and the next it was below freezing. Literally not lying, that actually happened.

I'll be going through the whole process as I go for each of the outfits that I recreated so let's get right into this post before I ramble on too much. Here is what I wore . . .
___________________________________________________



DAY 1: Suga- MIC DROP

So this was the first outfit of the week and it was one that I was most excited for at first. When I first decided to start recreating these outfits, this was the first one that popped into my head. I feel like the street/hip-hop fashion is totally up my ally style wise as it's just a very fun and edgy look and it allows a lot of creativity with not only the pieces you pair together but also the accessories. I have quite a few necklaces and rings and ear cuffs and whatnot in my arsenal but the main thing that I thought about when putting this outfit together was "How can I make this look stand out?" The military patterned jacket was already a subtle eye-catcher but I wanted something just a little bit more to really finish off the look and make it kind of obvious.

I went back and watched the music video, focusing the most on Suga, obviously, and realized that I had left out the most important piece of the outfit which was the bandanna. I personally LOVE bandannas and recently have been loving how trendy they've been. I was able to find my bright red one that was stuffed into my box of rings and once adding that into the mix, I felt like the outfit was more credible and felt complete. It was pretty easy recreating this outfit as I had everything I needed already in my closet, which is listed down below!

Items: Top: Stargirl 96 - ROSS

Camo Jacket- Ross

Black Distressed Skinny Jeans- Ross

Tan Work Boots: Thrifted (Faded Glory)

Bandanna- Hobby Lobby

Ring: Pure Vida Bracelets


______________________________________________________


DAY 2: V- FIRE

The next day was a bit cooler as we had a small cold front roll in due to a couple of storms and since I miss fall weather so much, I welcomed it with open arms!

Anyhoo, this day I was feeling a bit lazy but alas, I still had this project to complete. This was one of the outfits that I thought about a little more when it came to planning and also when would be the best time to wear it.

One thing I really loved about this outfit was that it's made completely out of basics. I didn't have to buy anything for this outfit and actually wore more jewelry than I usually do just to add a little more to the look. It was really comfortable yet still stylish and really easy to throw together. I would have loved if my denim jacket was a little darker like the one V wears in the music for "Fire" but other than that, I would say this outfit was also very successful.

Items: Top: BTS Wings Tour T-shirt- Hot Topic

Jean Jacket- Target

Skinny Jeans- H-&-M

Grey Long Sleeve- Thrifted

Ankle Boots- Payless Shoesource

Necklace- Gift

Rings: Target, Pura Vida


______________________________________________________


DAY 3: J-HOPE- FIRE

Okay, this one was hands-down the most comfortable. I literally didn't want to take it off.

It was still a little bit cool outside but nothing too crazy so I think this one turned out quite nicely when it comes to the weather.

This outfit is also pretty basic but the main thing I had trouble with was the jacket. I have pretty plain colored or basic jackets in my closet and none of them are patterned. I thought about looking for a dark grey denim jacket at the thrift store and simply just painting on starts all over it like the one J-Hope wears in the music video, but I was having no luck finding one in my size. I have to be careful with jackets since I'm short and petite, a medium can easily look like an extra-large on me. I normally love my jackets just slightly big to allow some layering room but all the jackets I was finding were all way too big. I stumbled across this really cool windbreaker, however, and besides actually needing one for the rainy season, I kind of thought it would be a good substitute for the all-over-star pattern. Yes, mine is a galaxy print, but it was along the same lines so I decided to just try it out and see how it went. I added a few accessories, a pair of Nike's and BAM, the outfit was complete. Not the closest resemblance but I think I did pretty good, if I don't say so myself! Total, I spent $10 on this outfit which was the cost of the windbreaker.

Items: Top: White T-shirt- H-&-M

Galaxy Windbreaker- Zine (Plato's Closet)

Black Distressed Skinny Jeans: Ross

Shoes: Nike (Plato's Closet)

Rings: Pura Vida, Gift, Antique

Ear Cuff: Hot Topic


______________________________________________________


DAY 4: JIMIN- DANGER

OKAY, this one brought me all the way back to my punk/emo phase. Because mine was hardcore back in 2014, let me tell you. In fact, I don't know if I've ever left that phase . . .

ANYWAY. I was SUPER excited to wear this outfit! I was a bit shocked at how easy it was for me to put this look together as I thought I was definitely going to have to do some shopping in order to find most of the pieces for this outfit. This actually wasn't the first look I had planned on going for initially. I knew I wanted to recreate a look from the "Danger" music video for Jimin but I was actually looking at recreating a different one. Until I ran into the problem of me not owning a couple of the key pieces. They would have been super easy to find at a thrift store but then a different look caught my attention. AND HERE WE ARE.

Another thing I had a bit a trouble with figuring out was the hand bracelet I decided to wear in the end. The skull hand bracelet is surprisingly seen in a handful of music videos on multiple members of BTS, so when it came to the bracelet, I wasn't sure which outfit to wear it with. Also, for this look, in some of the concept photos from a photo-shoot for the "Dark and Wild" album, Jimin is actually wearing a skull finger hand bracelet, though he's not seen wearing it in the music video. It was a bit of a struggle for me to figure out if I should wear it or not, but ultimately, I decided to just wear it since it does go with the outfit as a whole and it does seem to be an earlier staple piece of jewelry for the group.


Items: Top: White Patterned Tee: H-&-M

Sheer Gold Letter Top: Ross

Black Skinny Jeans: Hot Topic

Black High Tops: Payless Shoesource

Necklace: Thrifted

Hand Bracelet: Hot Topic

Dragon Claw Ring: Hot Topic


______________________________________________________


DAY 5: RM- NOT TODAY

Okay, this one was probably the outfit I was the MOST EXCITED to wear. I had too much fun trying to perfect this outfit and I'm really happy with how it turned out in the end!

When I started planning out my outfits for the week, this was literally the first outfit that popped into my head that I knew I wanted to recreate at all costs. Like, it needed to happen. It was too perfect.

I think RM has THE COOLEST outfits for most of the music videos so his was one that I REALLY wanted to create perfectly. The only issue I had with creating this one was simply that I didn't have that deep red pair of pants that he wears in the music video for "Not Today". I tried looking around at stores for a pair but I guess that color isn't really in demand right now as all I could find were bright red or too dark a red for the pants. I thought of other ways I could include some sort of red color into the outfit and thought the easiest way would be to just put on a pair of red shoes.

Another thing I had to think about was the jacket. I didn't own a black bomber jacket or a black windbreaker and I wanted to stay as close as possible to the original outfit and I didn't think my black pleather jacket would look right. SO. The hunt began for a black bomber jacket that was as close as possible to the one RM wore in the video. I thought I was going to have to search long and hard for this jacket, go to Narnia, maybe climb a few mountains . . . then the first store I walked into I ended up finding almost the EXACT same looking jacket within five-minutes. IT WAS FATE, Y'ALL. Total, I spent only $16 dollars for this outfit, and that was just the cost of the jacket.

Items: Top: Striped Tee- Thrifted (H-&-M)

Black Windbreaker- UK Style (Plato's Closet)

Black Skinny Jeans: Hot Topic

Red Sneakers: Payless Shoesource

Bandanna Necklace: Target

Rings: Pura Vida, Antique



______________________________________________________


DAY 6: Jungkook- DANGER

BOY, did this outfit take me down memory lane just like the last one. I was pretty emo/punk when I was 15-16, not gonna lie. I had the scene hair, the full bangs, wore the coal black eyeliner ALL THE WAY AROUND my eyes, died my hair jet black, only wore black clothes and listened exclusively to Evanescence and Paramore along with some other punk bands . . . it was a beautiful time.

So when I saw this outfit in the "Danger" music video while researching Jimin's outfits, I knew this was the one. It was hilarious to me how I had literally EVERYTHING I needed for this outfit already in my closet and were also things that I often reached for, though I never thought to wear them all together. I was totally taken aback and realized that maybe I'm still just a tad bit in my emo phase even though I've broadened my fashion choices and music options. This outfit still reminded me of when I was 15 and now I really wish I could relive it. They were good times.

Items: Top: Black Mesh Top- Plato's Closet

Denim Jacket: Target

Plaid Top: Ross

Black Pants: Ross

Black High Tops: Target

Ring: Pura Vida



______________________________________________________



DAY 7: JIN- NOT TODAY

And now, the very last outfit. I was pretty sad when I had to put this one on since I knew this marked the end of the outfit week. *Sniff sniff*

Anyhoo, this outfit was also pretty basic and I loved being able to have the chance to bring back my black windbreaker since I freaking love that thing now!

The only problem I had for this outfit was the shirt I wore. In the music video for "Not Today", Jin actually wears a striped black and red tee and what looks to be either dark grey or black converse high-tops. I don't actually have a pair of high-top converse in that color so I substituted them for a pair of simple dark grey high-tops which actually come across nicely. The shirt however, I had no luck with finding anything that even remotely resembled the original.

I did, however, have this black and red flannel that I thought could work but I wasn't really sure at first. I decided to at least try it out since I couldn't really think of any other outfits that I wanted to recreate from Jin, other than his outfit from "Blood, Sweat and Tears" but that was going to be pretty tricky. In the end, it actually doesn't look that bad and resembles it close enough in my mind.

Items: Top: Plaid Flannel- Plato's Closet

Black Windbreaker- UK Style (Plato's Closet)

Black Jeans: Thrifted

Grey Velvet High Tops: Target

Ring: Pura Vida

______________________________________________________

So, that's it for this post! I really hope you guys had a good time reading this and hopefully maybe had fun with it? I had a really fun time recreating all these outfits and I'm thinking of doing it again but with other groups. I already have a few ideas in mind for which outfits to recreate and am currently working on getting some of the items I'll need that I don't currently have. Let me know if you want to see more! I'll probably end up doing it anyways, but I would LOVE to have any input!

Until next time, my friends! See you in the next chapter!



4 comments:

  1. The bts brand clothing has got a good recognition in the society. The clothing here is of an exclusive kind. The brand clothing here comes in a wide range. One can easily opt for the best one here to enhance his or her wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re-establish yourself and refresh your clothes with the latest fashions, buy clothes online, and find praise that suits your taste in fashion. Buy BTS clothing online with a guaranteed 100% authentic brand that you love, get sports shoes, tracksuits and start with your fitness routine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very excellent blog post. I am thankful for your blog post. I have found a lot of approaches after visiting your post. BTS Shop

    ReplyDelete